As I’m forcing myself to overcome my chronic fatigue, today was the first day in months that I’ve been able to cook something. I’ve never made bruschetta before but it was delicious and quite easy to make.
Recipe: Yields one serving
1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 5 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a small pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes to soften slightly
- Add the diced tomato, beans, and red wine vinegar and cook for a couple of minutes to heat through.
- In the meantime toast the bread .
- Before serving, rub the bread with a slice of garlic. Stir the parsley into the bean mixture and serve.
Nutrition facts: 334 calories, 68 carbs, 2 fat, 17 protein, 771 sodium, 18 sugar
This recipe had an interesting flavour, I suspect that using a different type of bean might be more delicious but this was what I had on hand. I’m glad it turned out well.